Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the Feast of St. Damien of Molokai

The first comment on the Word on Fire blog post below about the persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt comes from Lebanon and reminds us that today is the feast of St. Damien of Molokai:

Bob Conroy
I am living in a community of Lebanese people. One of these people was speaking to these very points just yesterday morning.

This is the plight of Christians.

We are reminded through these events and the martyrs' blood of the sacrifice that has been offered perfectly for us. We are invited to freely step into this sacrifice with our own lives. Today is the feast of Fr. Saint Damien of Molokai.

I ask myself if I have the conviction and faith to make these sacrifices. My only recourse is to immediately ask for the grace to act with faith as I move through this life from blessing to blessing.
5/10/2011 10:29:44 AM
Retrieved May 10, 2011 from http://wordonfire.org/WoF-Blog/WoF-Blog/May-2011/News-Violence-Against-Christians-in-Egypt.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment